Marketing & Events Coordinator
Job Description: We are a dynamic, community-based non-profit that is looking for a creative, friendly and hard-working team member to coordinate our marketing and events initiatives. This is a unique marketing and events role that offers a lot of variety and autonomy in a supportive and collaborative work environment.
(3 days p/week, 7.5 hrs p/day, some flexibility on days. Combination of office and home) May lead to full time. Contract position: $25 p/hr or $30,000 p/yr.
Start immediately. Send resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing and Media
Marketing is a key component of sustaining economic activity in The Shipyards District, and attracting new customers to the area.
- Contributes to the planning of marketing and communications strategies, and promotional initiatives, under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Coordinates the execution of marketing activities and programs. Maintains our social media presence, primarily on Facebook, Instagram and other channels.
- Through social media posts, is “the voice” of the BIA in a marketing capacity on social media (non-political or advocacy role).
- Writes and posts Newsletters to our membership, using Mailchimp e-mail program.
- Maintains and builds our web site presence
- Coordinates advertising with applicable media, in keeping with marketing budgets.
- Coordinates Marketing meetings with the LLBIA Marketing Committee Coordinates activities with marketing summer students, as required.
The LLBIA will host approximately three regular (annual) promotional events each year, and up to two non-annual events (usually smaller-scale) each year. These include Christmas Festival, Waterfront Festival, Bike to Shop Days (annual) and events such as commemorative launches for new programs or achievements (for example, street banner roll out, mural unveilings).
- Responsible for general event coordination of events.
- Generates ideas and arranges logistics for specific components of events.
- Liaises with LLBIA members as it pertains to all events.
- Responsible for member communication as it pertains to all events.
Member and Stakeholder Relations
Member and stakeholder relations is a critical component of our success, and is at the heart of our communications strategy.
- Maintains database for our membership and strategic partners.
- Coordinates member events such as the Member Receptions and the Annual General Meeting every year.
- Coordinates mail-outs to membership and stakeholders as required.
Office and Board Related
Office and administrative responsibilities.
- Coordinates committee meetings as required.
- Takes committee or Board meeting notes, as required.
- Maintains organizational records and media files.
- Assumes some of the Executive Director’s duties when the executive director is unavailable.
- A completed degree or diploma in Business, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar, would be an asset. Equivalent work experience applies.
- Outgoing, friendly with strong interpersonal communication skills. Tact, diplomacy, and general good manners. A sense of humour is a definite asset.
- Strong writing skills, and good editing and proofreading abilities.
- Design-savvy with a working knowledge of layout and design.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- High degree of administrative, planning and organizing skills.
- Proven skills in using social media for targeted promotional application.
- Computer/software skills in Social Media platforms, Hootsuite, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Skills in using Mailchimp and Survey Monkey are an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating marketing initiatives.
- Class 5 Drivers License (as some driving for events purposes will be required
- Interest in, or knowledge/understanding of Lower Lonsdale.
About the LLBIA
The Lower Lonsdale BIA serves approximately 600 members (business and property owners) in the Lower Lonsdale community of North Vancouver.
As a non-profit association, the LLBIA has a very collaborative culture, where responsibilities are often shared among the small team. It is a warm and supportive work environment.
Those working at the LLBIA have an opportunity to contribute in a variety of ways, for a purpose that is very meaningful to both our members and to the Lower Lonsdale community at large. Due to the nature of a small organization, employees have a chance to work on a broad variety of projects, expand their portfolios, try out new approaches, and be creative.
This part-time, position reports to the Executive Director of the Lower Lonsdale BIA. And could easily become a full-time position.
This job entails a modest amount of evening and weekend work – an average of 1 or 2 evening shifts per month, depending on events or meetings, and approximately 5 weekend shifts per year. LLBIA offers a 37.5 hour work week.
For more information about the LLBIA and our business improvement area, visit lowerlonsdalebia.ca